My Blindfold game with Coach Joe Lafornara - by Coach Sean Tobin.

Friday, November 12, 2010

GAMES PLAYED AT SANDPIPER ELEMENTARY: November 12th, 2010.


I have added the Sandpiper logo to this posting to make it much easier for players and parents of the Sandpiper Community to identify those postings that involve players from Sandpiper. This is a wonderful school with an excellent principal who cares a great deal for his school community. This is quite a nice school - I wouldn't teach in a school that wasn't good for the community it serves! Sandpiper, Copper Creek and Mercury Mine are all excellent schools and I am very much glad to be part of these communities as the chess coach of all three schools - thanks for having me as your chess coach!

_________________________________________________________

Here are two games that I played today against Connor and Kai during our Sandpiper Chess Club meeting today. I had the Black pieces in both games and played these games because one of our members was absent so I had to play the odd player out. I would rotate players into the mix so that they could play each other and while out they would still have someone to play. Me! When I would play the game I would review the game with them afterwords and give them some tips or improvements for them to improve their previous plays - those featured in our games.

COACH SEAN



CONNOR (WHITE PIECES)

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

COACH SEAN


KAI (WHITE PIECES)

I won both games but both players have shown great progress in their chess game. I look forward to seeing how they play by the end of the year. Keep a set handy for all of our Scholastic players - the more they play the better they will get! Someday I will have to take lessons from them!!

- Chess Coach Sean Tobin.

No comments:

Post a Comment